Monday, January 22, 2007

21 Weeks - Over Half Way

Well, this pregnancy is flying by! Probably because I didn't realise I was pregnant until late in the pregnancy, and also because I am so busy with the other 2 kids that I don't have time to think about it.
I am feeling really well, and the only downside I have at the moment is getting up numerous times to wee during the night. Last Friday (19/1/07) I felt the baby kick for the first time on the outside of my tummy, but of course the kids waited patiently for it to kick their hands, but to no avail. I can't wait for them to feel it!
I think I am finally bonding with the baby and have started to get excited about being pregnant - yes, took me long enough! I honestly don't think it had really sunk in with me that I was having another baby until the last fortnight, probably because we weren't expecting it and it was such a shock.
We finally settled on a boy's name for the baby, but can't agree on a girl's name, which is very frustrating. We have the scan in another week's time, and I am in 2 minds about finding out what sex the baby is. On one hand, I would like to NOT know, so that it will be a surprise when we have the baby. On the other hand, I would like to know so we can sort out a name if the baby is a girl, and I can prepare when buying baby clothes, sheets, etc. Decisions, decisions.
The kids are still excited and we often talk about what it is going to be like when the baby comes, just to prepare them. I don't think they realised it would take so long for it to arrive!!! They are constantly amazed by my growing belly and can't believe that my belly will be getting even bigger!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home