Saturday, February 17, 2007

Week 23 - The Excitement is Starting.....

A mother at my daughter's Kinder commented the other day how great I looked and how I have had a great pregnancy, which I agreed with. She jinxed me! The next morning I woke up sick with a sinus infection/cold/sore throat, etc. And spent one WHOLE day in bed (except for a trip to the doctors) and had to take a night off work. The Doc gave me a prescription for some drugs he claimed were safe to take whilst pregnant, but I am a bit weary about it, so have decided I will stick with the Panadeine for a bit of pain relief.
Otherwise, the pregnancy is going fantastically! The baby kicks non stop, especially when I get into bed at night he will keep me awake with his gymnastic performance. I have slowly being purchasing items for boys - blue growsuits, bibs, socks, etc, and it is all becoming a bit exciting.
I read Kaz Cooke's "Up the Duff" during my previous 2 pregnancies, but of course had given it away since I didn't expect to be needing it again. So I purchased a second hand copy from eBay and have been reading away crazily for the last week to get up to Week 23 so I can read along weekly with it as my pregnancy progresses. I had so many pregnancy books, but found this one the most informative, witty & realistic!
My boobs and tummy seem to be growing at an alarming rate! And I can tell the old breasts are preparing themselves for breastfeeding again as they have become heavier and fuller.
Today was an uncomfortable 38 degree day, so I am over the moon that I will be 9 months pregnant during the winter time and can get snuggly infront of the heater, instead of trying to keep cool in this un-airconditioned house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home