Friday, March 09, 2007

Week 26 - Walking Like a Baby Hippo!

We are heading away for the Labour Day long weekend to our caravan and I am sooooo looking forward to a three day of relaxation and sunshine - cannot wait!

Week 26 today, and I cannot believe that I will have a baby in just 3 months time - very daunting, although exciting. We have 2 friends who we have just found out in the last couple of weeks are pregnant also and they are both due in September, so lots of babies on the way!!

Apparently the baby is now about 35cm long from head to toe and weighs about 950 grams with a good chance of survival should it arrive early. I am suffering from the dreaded sciatia (the shooting pain down my right buttock and leg), which I had when pregnant with Paige. It is terrible when for some reason I lie on my back or if I have been sitting for too long. I have also started weeing a lot more now, especially during the night when I can't get comfortable and the baby pushes up against my bladder. Ah, the joys! And, just walking from one room to the other has made me start to puff!!! I am unable to bend down now as my belly gets in the way and find I am starting to waddle when my broken ankle becomes sore. I honestly feel like a baby hippo!

Paige is giving the baby (well, my belly) daily kisses and cuddles. I can't wait to see how the kids are going to be with a baby. I know I will have to give them a few days off school and Kinder when I first get home from hospital as they will be so excited. My sister told me that when I was born (she was 4yo) she didn't want to go to Kinder as she wanted to stay home with Mum & the baby - very cute! Following is a pic of Paige with the chalkboard. Will get a recent photo of Callum & post shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home