Friday, March 16, 2007

Week 27 - I Have Exploded!

My Lord, you should see the size of me! It seems like this last week someone has cut open my belly & stuffed a watermelon in there! Talk about a growth spurt! Nothing is fitting me, I can hardly move without puffing and I am just enormous! My groin is now starting to ache ALL THE TIME, not just when I am sitting for extended periods. I don't just look overweight anymore, I definitely look pregnant! And of course, I love being pregnant - there is no better feeling in the world to feel the movement of your baby inside you!

I weighed myself today (which I am trying to avoid as the inevitable weight gain is depressing me), and I have put on 3.4kg in 2 weeks! ARRGGHHH!! I was horrified, but as hubby so kindly reminded me, this is the time in the pregnancy when the baby starts piling on it's weight (as do I!). I am pretty happy overall that I have only put on 6.6kg in total since conceiving - and I will try not to put on too much more (I say as I munch on a Tim Tam with my cup of tea!). So much for my goal of not gaining any weight at all!! It's so hard when all you want to do is stuff your face all day long!

Well I have been definitely "nesting" as in getting prepared for the baby, and my excitement is definitely growing (along with my belly). I have ordered a new 3 wheeler Bertini jogger pram, in the hope once I have my ankle surgery I will be able to walk every day like I did before my car accident. I have paid for and will have next week a second hand cot & matching wardrobe. I have been buying lots of boy's clothes (God help me if it turns out to be a girl!) and some new cot sheets, blankets, etc and a new bouncer, which is now sitting proudly in Paige's bedroom with a stuffed bunny in it!!! She says she is minding it til the baby comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home