Thursday, June 07, 2007

Owen Gordon Born 4th June 2007

He's arrived! Our newest addition - Owen Gordon, born at 11.51am on Monday 4th June 2007. Weighing a healthy 8lb 7oz (3820 grams) and measuring 51cm in length. He is perfect in every way, and an absolute dead ringer for his older brother. He is named Gordon after Greg's grandfather who passed away last year.
The caesarean delivery went well, with no complications. Unfortunately hubby fainted before the procedure when there was talk of what could go wrong, but otherwise everything went without a hitch. My girlfriend Chris was my support person throughout (Greg hasn't been into see any of the births due to the fainting issue!) and she was fantastic, although she was nervous about what to do. Things have changed slightly since the birth of my daughter 4 1/2 years ago, and this time I got to hold the baby for a lot longer (which I did for as long as I could until my arms went weak) and they also had a large TV screen up for me to see the measuring/weighing & dressing of the bubs - it was brilliant.
After a quick stint in recovery, I got back to my ward to be reunited with bubs & my family. Paige was a bit weary of both Owen & myself. I expected her not to warm to the baby straight away (after all he is taking her place as the baby in the family). She warmed to me eventually, but it may have been the distant memory of seeing me in hospital after my car accident, or just seeing me with a drip & in hospital whites that put her off. Callum was (and still is) absolutely besotted by his little brother. He just wants to touch him & look at him all the time - it's very VERY cute & was quite unexpected. Dad is overjoyed & it's hard to get a hold of the bubs when he's around!
Will post more shortly, when I am functioning on more sleep, and will add some photos of the gorgeous babe!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations he is absolutely gorgeous.

10:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home