Sunday, April 29, 2007

Week 33 - Finishing up at Work!!

I had an ultrasound this week, which was just to check the growth of the baby since that scare a few weeks back when they thought it may have been too big. Baby is of normal size, and currently weighing in at approx. 4lb 3oz (how cute!). It is definitely a boy, as I asked them to check & so I was shown all his bits & pieces! I have a large amount of amniotic fluid, but nothing to be worried about - at the high end of the scale. All of baby's organs were checked & everything went well, which is such a relief.
Yesterday was my last day at work. I was soooo looking forward to finishing up, but when the day finally arrived, I felt very strange, and I don't think it has yet sunk in that I won't be going there for a quite a while. I am hoping to take up the 2 years maternity leave my work offers, but of course it will all depend on the finances and if we can afford for me to stay home.
I have been feeling more & more puffed out as the days go by. And just exhausted, which I am sure will ease up now I am not working. I am going to try & make sure I have plenty of early nights, as I seem to be getting up at least every 2 hours through the night for the toilet, and then I'm feeling shattered in the mornings because of the broken sleep.
My bad ankle has been really playing up, and the pregnancy waddle I have is worse because of my limping! My weekly physio visits help, as does icing it every night or whenever I get the chance.
The kicking from the baby is easing up a little. I guess the baby is slowly running out of room, so I am now feeling more of a big rolling and turning movement, rather than the frequent sharps kicks in previous weeks. I am still eating a lot, and I have decided to keep away from the scales because it has been depressing me putting on weight. I have been having brekkie, then a second brekkie (like a Hobbit from Lord of the Rings) about an hour or so afterwards, as I seem to be starving in the mornings.
Anyways, counting down the days until this little alien comes out. The kids can't wait, and I just want it over & done with now so we can get on with things. It's all very exciting though, and what a change it is going to make to the family to have a new baby here!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home